The Fall 2023 Internship program at POPLAW is a unpaid opportunity designed for qualified students to gain hands-on experience while learning about the media and entertainment industry.
We are seeking an intern to join our team to work with experts who influence business decisions with consumer, content, and advertising-based insights, with a particular emphasis on evergreen legal cases. This role reports to the CEO.
The team at POPLAW specializes in using actionable insights to tell impactful and meaningful stories about POPLAW’s audience and content.
As a Research intern, you’ll be working alongside talented individuals that will challenge you to think about the best ways to use audience stories, ad campaign insights, and artist/genre industry trends to communicate the value of POPLAW and win the hearts and minds of current and future viewers.
This is a part-time position for Fall 2023 and available for Winter 2024.
As a Member Of Our Team, You Will
- Research key legal trends & cases in pop culture, how audience responses, and summarize key facts of the cases.
- Work with development team to create story arc and questions based on episode topics with a key focus and cohesive narrative.
- Monitor social media trends and work with development team to create various social media segments.
- Work with head of marketing to execute campaign research and campaign wrap reports that illustrate advertising goals and objectives
- Keep a pulse on key moments & events in pop culture and how they affect music video viewership.
This Describes You
- Creative thinker with an ability to identify trends and make insightful and strategic recommendations
- Ability to learn how to use new tools/applications and interpret data sets
- Excellent organization, written/oral communication skills
- Curious and self-motivated with attention to detail
- A passion for the law, research, entertainment, music, and TV
- Proficient in Excel and Canva
- Junior in undergrad or law student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Desire to pursue a career in the media industry
- 20 hours per week
The is an unpaid internship but may be eligible for externship credit. Remote position. Requires at minimum two (2) Zoom calls per week with Team.
POPLAW considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.